Central Air Installation Company, Randolph NJ
The hot sweltering summers of New Jersey are just around the corner. Are you prepared?
You don’t want to get stuck in the dead of summer without central air conditioning. You can Google “central air installation near me” until the cows come home, but you could overpay for the cost to install central air if you don’t know a few aspects of the process.
No one needs that! Get the right quotes by becoming an informed shopper with our quick guide.
Why Should You Consider a Central Air System Installation?
While central air system installation can get expensive, it’s a cost that’s well worth it. If you’ve dealt with a less-than-functional central air conditioner unit for the past couple of summers, you’re losing money every time you turn it on.
New central air conditioning units are more energy-efficient. Not only that, but once your old central air conditioner unit reaches the end of its usefulness, it can lead to other issues, including:
- Low refrigerant
- Wear and tear can cause your unit to run less efficiently
- It becomes more prone to electrical issues
- The fans may run inefficiently
- Contaminants leading to poor air quality
These issues above lead to more expense to run your system to get through New Jersey’s humid summers.
How Much Does Central AC Replacement Cost?
The national average for air conditioner replacement costs ranges between $3,800 and $7,500. That doesn’t include ductwork. If you’re looking to install a brand new central air conditioning unit, it averages between $5,000 and $12,500.
Here’s a cost breakdown:
- Labor costs between $500 and $2,500
- Materials cost between $1,000 and $10,000 depending on the unit you use
- Total can fall anywhere between $1,500 and $12,500
Several factors can reflect the range of costs associated with a central air conditioner installation.
Knowing these facts can help you find a good estimate. Here’s a price breakdown of the national average costs for central air conditioner installation by the square footage:
- 1,000 averages $3,000 and $6,000
- 1,500 averages $4,000 and $7,000
- 2,000 averages $5,000 and $9,000
- 2,500 averages $6,000 and $10,000
- 3,000 averages $7,000 and 12,000
That works out to about $25 to $60 per square foot to install both an AC and furnace (since New Jersey gets cold, too!). So if you’re considering just AC, expect to pay on the lower end of the spectrum.
Another factor is the size of your air conditioning unit as well. Here’s a cost comparison by size:
- 2-ton averages $1,500 and 3,000
- 3-ton averages $2,000 and $4,000
- 4-ton averages $2,500 and $6,000
- 5-ton averages $3,000 and $8,000
Last, central air conditioning units can also vary in price based on their SEER rating. Here’s a price comparison:
- SEER 13 – 14 averages $3,000 and $6,000
- SEER 15 – 16 averages $3,700 and $9,000
One final factor is the name brand of the unit. Again, depending on what brand you get, you may pay more.
Find Out Costs for “Central Air Installation Near You”
Stop Googling “central air installation near me” and go with the pros. We can help you replace or install a central air conditioner system in your Randolph, NJ home before summer hits.