How To Improve Water Quality in Your Home or Business
The quality of the water you drink can impact every aspect of your life. From how good (or bad) that daily cup of coffee tastes to how healthy you are, everything is influenced by your water quality. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has put in place state-specific water quality standards.
So what can you do to improve the quality of that water? How can you safeguard your health and the health of your family? Here are some timely tips for improving the quality of the water flowing into your home or business.
- Replace water filter cartridges regularly. Over time, contaminants build-up, so regular filter changes are essential.
- Clean faucet aerators thoroughly. Aerators are great, but they require regular maintenance to avoid contamination.
- Turn on the tap ahead of time. Run the cold water for a few minutes before filling your glass or making your morning cup of coffee. Running the tap helps clear out dirt and other contaminants.
- Hold the hot water. When you cook or brew coffee, fill your pot with cold water and heat it up. Hot water from the tap could contain higher levels of dissolved minerals and other nasty stuff.
- Drain your water heater once a year. Dissolved minerals and other sediments can build up inside the water heater, directly impacting the quality of water flowing through your dishwasher, refrigerator ice maker, and the showerhead.
- Check your plumbing. It is important to check your plumbing for lead and other dangers. An experienced plumber can evaluate your current plumbing and make repair and upgrade recommendations.
Water Quality Matters
Whether you are brewing up a pot of coffee, crafting your favorite pasta recipe, or just sitting down with a cold glass of water, the quality of your water matters. If you want to enjoy the water you drink and use, the tips listed above could improve its quality, making the most of this valuable resource.
Let Us Help To Get The Quality of Your Water To Its Optimum Level
Get in touch with All A’s Plumbing and Heating to help you with the water quality in your residential home or commercial business building. We can clean water filter cartridges, aerate faucets, drain water heaters for you and make sure everything is working with maximum efficiency. We can also provide routine plumbing maintenance services, one-time service repair, and 24-hour emergency service.