How to Easily Unclog Sink Drain Naturally Without Using Tools or Toxic Chemicals
An unpleasant situation in your home – a clogged drain: be it the sink, bathtub, toilet or shower drain. The problem left unsolved, and before long, your home will start looking like a swimming pool.
When faced with a problem like this, most people are more or less successful in solving it by using a plunger, a drain snake, or traditional cleaners.
There are also a wide variety of strong chemicals which many homeowners, restaurant owners and more purchase that can dissolve whatever is clogging up your drain.
But! There is a cheaper and natural way of clearing your drain by only using lemon juice and baking soda!
It is very easy to just buy any chemical cleaner and be done with it. But, because of how strong and corrosive they are, chemicals present an enormous health hazard, as they can cause irritation, vomiting, and even chemical burns on your skin.
The effects of store-bought drain cleaners can become much more severe with longer exposure. Besides that, they are very bad for the environment as well. Unfortunately, many folks aren’t aware that there is a far simpler and safer way of getting the job done.
So, try this yourself. You won’t need any special tools or toxic chemicals but only baking soda, lemon juice, and a kettle. A perfect combination that has saved countless sinks! Here’s how you do it:
Unclog Sink Drain Naturally
- Before you start the process of unclogging the problematic drain, you should first remove any excess water from the sink, tub, or appliance in question.
- After that, pour ½ cup of lemon juice down the drain and the same amount of baking soda.
- Follow it up with a small amount of warm water, say a cup.
- You will witness a chemical reaction in the form of foam which will break up any clogs in your drain, be it food leftovers, hair, or grease, and put an end to any bad smells coming from it.
- The final step is to use boiling water to flush the drain after about 15 minutes.
- If you do not have lemon juice, you can substitute it with white vinegar.
As you will witness, this is an easy and cheap way of unclogging your bathroom or sink drain without using any tools or dangerous chemicals. Keep in mind is that you will have to arm yourself with patience, as you will have to repeat the procedure one or two times depending on how clogged up your drain is.
Have you tried to unclog sink drain naturally and finding it frustrating because this is just not working? If so, it is time to call a professional plumber. Do not opt for the toxic store drain cleaners that can have severe health risks.
All A’s Plumbing is here to come to the rescue. We do not want a simple clogged drain to turn into a major disaster. We offer emergency services as well.
Our office is located in Randolph, New Jersey and we are happy to serve northern New Jersey.